The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act was passed by Congress and signed into law to provide economic relief from COVID-19. One section of the CARES Act established the Higher Education Emergency Relief fund and sent money to schools to use for emergency financial aid grants to students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the pandemic.
Debutantes School of Cosmetology & Nail Technology, LLC
DeKalb Illinois Campus
HIGHER EDUCATION EMERGENCY RELIEF FUNDS
Emergency Financial Aid Grants to
DEBUTANTES SCHOOL OF COSMETOLOGY & NAIL TECHNOLOGY LLC ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE
INSTITUTION SIGNED AND RETURNED TO THE DEPARTMENT THE
CERTIFICATION AND AGREEMENT AND THE ASSURANCE THAT THE
INSTITUTION HAS USED, OR INTENDS TO USE, NO LESS THAN 50
PERCENT OF THE FUNDS RECEIVED UNDER SECTION 18004(A)(1) OF
THE CARES ACT TO PROVIDE EMERGENCY FINANCIAL AID GRANTS
is the total amount of funds that the institution has received from the
Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for]
Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
WHO: The institution determined that all students enrolled by March 15th 2020 utilizing Financial Aid were equally affected by the pandemic,since all education was campus based. The method used by the institution to determine
which students should receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants was calculated by the total
amount of funds available for students divided by the number of eligible students. Based
on this calculation each of the 53 students eligible to utilize Financial Aid at Debutantes School could receive $1,101.37 under the CARES Act.
As of 7/20/2020
47 students have received these funds
Guidance to Students:
HEERF – Higher education EMERGENCY Refief fund- FINANCIAL AID GRANT
- As part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF)provided colleges with emergency grants for their students.
- The HEERF can help you cover expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19. You do not have to pay back funds you receive from the HEERF.
Am I eligible to receive the emergency grant funds?
To be eligible for emergency grant funds from HEERF, you must meet the basic eligibility criteria for federal student aid programs, as listed below to be verified by a fully signed 19/20 or later FAFSA Application:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Be registered for Selective Service (if male)
- Be a high school graduate or have a recognized equivalent (such as a GED) as of March 13th 2020
- Not in default on a federal student loan
- Not owe money on a federal student grant
- Did not have a drug conviction while receiving federal student aid
- Be enrolled at Debutantes School of Cosmetology and Nail Technology, LLC, in an eligible financial aid program of study (Cosmetology or Esthetics) as of March 13th
- Incurred expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19 and the switch to Distance Learning or delay in On-Site Learning
- Participated in the equivalent of 2 complete weeks of Distance Learning or 24 verifiable clock-hours or a return to On-Site Learning on or after 6/16/2020
How much will I receive in emergency grant funds?
- Eligible students will be receiving a grant for the amount of $1,101.37
Eligible expenses for the emergency grant funds:
If you receive emergency grant funds from the HEERF, you can use it for expenses you incurred due to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19, such as:
- Housing (rent)
- Course materials
- Health/medical expenses
- Select other costs related to the disruption of campus operations
What next steps do I have to take to receive the grant?
- Please connect with Becky at email@example.com if you do not believe you understand your next steps to receive the grant if you haven’t already been told you are approved.
Who do I contact if I have questions on the HEERF Grant?
- Please feel free to reach out to Becky Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.